Subjects appropriate for submission to HortScience include original research results on various scientific and cultural aspects of horticulture and closely related subjects, such as:
- Breeding, cultivars, rootstocks, and germplasm resources
- Cropping efficiency
- Crop production— including: floricultural plants; grapes and berries; nursery and landscape plants; subtropical and tropical plants; temperate tree fruits and nuts; and vegetables
- Growth regulator applications
- Marketing and economics
- New cultivar and germplasm releases
- Pest management
- Plant pathology
- Postharvest biology and technology
- Propagation and tissue culture
- Seed technology
- Soil management, fertilization, and irrigation
- Turf management
- To submit papers for peer review and publication in HortScience, click on the following address:
- If you have previously submitted a paper to HortScience, you will be required to log in with your log in name and password. (Forgot your password? Use the "Unknown/Forgotton Password? link at the bottom of the log in page.)
- First-time users of the online submission system must register for an account. Instructions on how to register for an account are accessed at the bottom of the log in page.
Publishing Fees for Papers in HortScience.
- At least one author is an ASHS member = $100 per printed page.
(Authors who are ASHS members must indicate membership in the appropriate field on the "General Information" page when submitting manuscripts).
- Authors who are non-ASHS members = $170 per printed page.
- There are additional fees for publishing figures in color.
- Please Note: Authors making more than five (5) corrections on their page proofs will be billed at $10 per correction.
- Papers can be made open access immediately for an additional charge of $600.
For additional information, contact:
Authors: You may order reprints of your published article in HortScience.