Call for Titles for the NE-ASHS Meeting
Friday, September 14, 2018
Posted by: Cindy Slone
The Northeast Region of ASHS is pleased to invite all who are interested to submit paper and poster titles for the 2019 NE-ASHS meeting. Please take a moment to mark the soon-approaching title submission deadline of Sunday, September 30, 2018. For this submission deadline, only a title is required. You will have until January 4, 2019, to submit abstracts.
Title submission site: http://wssaabstracts.com – Directions for submission are below.
Please be sure to submit your title before the September 30, 2018 deadline!
The NE-ASHS regional meeting will be held January 8-10, 2019 at the Delta Hotels Baltimore in Hunt Valley, MD, in collaboration with Northeastern Weed Science Society, Crop Science Society of America, Northeastern Regional Branch of American Society of Agronomy and Soil Science Society of America under the name Northeastern Plant, Pest and Soil Conference (NEPPSC). This collaborative effort has greatly broadened the scope of topics presented and strengthened networking opportunities for attendees with both academia and industry.
Conference website - https://neppsc.org/joint-meeting/
Announcing New Student Travel Grants for ASHS members
The NEASHS is happy to announce the availability of five travel grants of $500 available for undergraduate and graduate students. Grants will be awarded at the conference.
Student Travel Grant Requirements:
- Member of ASHS (membership is free for undergraduates, and graduate students can join ASHS free for 1 year)
- Present oral or poster presentation at 2019 NE-ASHS meeting at the Northeastern Plant, Pest and Soil Conference (NEPPSC) - https://neppsc.org/joint-meeting/ *Title must be submitted by Sunday, September 30, 2018 through the website http://wssaabstracts.com.
- Submit resume and one-page letter indicating how the travel grant will support your academic career to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2018.
Additional Opportunities for Students
Awards will also be issued for the student poster and oral presentations. Awards are 1st place = $300, 2nd = $200 and 3rd = $100. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible.
Directions for Submitting Titles through http://wssaabstracts.com.
1. Create account and login
2. In the drop down for Add a conference to your profile, select “2019 Northeastern Plant, Pest, and Soils Conference”
3. Click “Enter”
4. On left, click “My Titles and Abstracts” and follow the site’s instructions for submission. Enter the title in the space provided. Capitalize only major words in the title. Do not include any quotation marks or punctuation in the title. Use the dropdown menu to answer the question, “Are you a student?” If you are a student, please continue to answer the questions regarding participation in the student contest. Also use the dropdown menu to indicate what type of presentation you will be giving: Oral paper, Poster, etc. Follow instructions for all other drop-down items. Once you are done entering your title, please hit the Save and Submit button.