Seed Your Future is pleased to invite you to participate in a Horticulture Programs Enrollment Summit, June 27-28, 2019 at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA.
Since the founding of the Seed Your Future movement, we have been interested in bringing together representatives from 2- and 4-year colleges and universities with current or future horticulture programs. We share the common goal of finding effective ways to recruit and retain more students in horticulture programs across the country.
The Summit will be very interactive. We will present and discuss promising practices in student recruitment, engaging industry and community partners, and developing new tools and resources to help you recruit and retain students into your programs.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone at a 2- or 4-year college or university with responsibility for, or an interest in, the recruitment of students into horticulture programs. Department chairs, faculty and staff, recruitment staff, enrollment counselors - all are welcome to attend.
- Horticulture industry representatives interested in working with colleges and universities, both to recruit graduates and to ensure programs prepare students for green-collar careers.
- Anyone interested in increasing the enrollment of students in horticulture programs across the country.
Longwood Gardens is serving as our gracious host and covering the majority of the expenses for meals, refreshments, meeting planning and materials. There is a $100 per person registration fee. Participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses.
To learn more about the Summit and to reserve your space, please visit: https://www.seedyourfuture.org/enrollment_summit.
Please share this invitation email with others at your institution who are responsible for student recruitment.
Thank you. We hope to see you in June!
Co-chairs: John Dole, Ph.D., North Carolina State University and Mary Meyer, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Angela Ambrosini, New York Institute of Technology
- Sarah Cathcart, Longwood Gardens
- Janet Cole, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University
- Jeff Iles, Ph.D., Iowa State University
- Dean Kopsell, Ph.D., University of Florida
- Dan Lineberger, Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- Liz Riley, Ph.D., Alamance Community College
- Susan E. Yoder, IOM, Seed Your Future
Meet Our Leadership
John M. Dole is Associate Dean and Director of Academic Programs at North Carolina State University and past Chairman of the Board of the American Society for Horticultural Science. John began a lifelong interest in horticulture by working at a local farm market, growing cut flowers in his garden for sale, and picking strawberries, raspberries, apples, and pears for local commercial operations. ...Read More!
Read Our New Blog
On March 9th, an informal networking event was held at this year's Philadelphia Flower Show organized by industry leaders. This event allowed for horticulture professionals and students to take a few hours to learn from each other and share their passion for horticulture. Seed Your Future Intern, Zuny Jamatte shares the details of the event to inspire others, check it out here.