Professional Horticultural Tour Proposals
2020 Annual Conference
Proposal Due: December 6, 2019
If your Professional Interest Group would like to organize a horticultural tour during the annual conference of the American Society for Horticultural Science, August 9-13, 2020, in Orlando, Florida, please note the following important considerations:
- Proposals are due December 6, 2019.
- The horticultural tours are half or full-day in length and will leave from the Rosen Plaza Hotel.
- We will not be offering any overnight options or tours that depart from alternate locations.
- All costs (except for transportation) must be stated up front in tour proposal. ASHS staff will assist in securing transportation and pricing the tour, collecting tour fees through registration, contracting with the bus company, and paying tour vendors.
- All individuals attending any tour will be required to sign a liability waiver.
In order for your proposal to be considered, the items below are required to be submitted to ASHS by email by December 6, 2019.
1. Title of the Tour with a basic overview of what the tour will cover.
2. Desired date, start time and duration of the tour.
Please provide more than one date option as there may be a need to schedule multiple tours on a single day, and we want to avoid conflicts with the technical program. Please include as much information as possible. For example, please let us know if the tour can be conducted in the afternoon and if so, the flexibility in the start time.
The following dates are available choices:
Saturday, August 8
Sunday, August 9
Monday, August 10
Tuesday, August 11
Wednesday, August 12
Thursday, August 13
3. For each stop, include the Location Name, Address, Description (must be in-depth as this is the information that will be used to promote the tour), and the Arrival and Departure Time of each stop. Please confirm that each stop can accommodate the tour on the date that you plan to run the tour. All stops must have their own liability insurance in place – proof of insurance may be required.
4. Are there any limits on the number of people that can be accommodated at any of the stops? Or limits on the size of the vehicle to get to the stop?
5. Return time to the Rosen Plaza Hotel.
6. Name and contact information of your designated tour coordinator/organizer and each planned tour escort with description of their role. This is required for us to price the tour with the number of seats available and to know who is the contact for each part of the tour. Please make sure it is clear on the total number of tour escorts that will be occupying a seat on the bus and should be included in meal counts (if applicable). This is very important in determining the tour cost.
7. Applicable admission fees for each stop.
8. Any meals or snacks that are to be included (and the location of where the meal will take place or where a box lunch can be picked up during the tour). We will include the price of these in the tour fee.
Please remember the tour coordinator is responsible to organize and manage the order and pick-up of any included meals, snacks and water.
After we receive the above information, we will get the tours priced and added to the registration system.
Please note: There will be NO extension of this deadline. All information must be submitted completely by the deadline or the tour proposal will not be included as part of the ASHS tour offerings.
Please submit your proposal no later than December 6, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact:
TEL: 703.836.4606 x 107